Saturday 21 February 2009

The Benefits of Home Education

Because home educated children are not stressed they can achieve whatever they want. They learn what they want at the speed they want and they are not forced to listen to things that go in one ear and out the other. The subjects children want to study just get pushed to one side at school so they can't follow the career that they want to. When children are home educated they can give their full attention to what they want and not what the teachers want.

They will choose a career they like, they don't just want to make money they want to like their
job and want to be involved and do well at it. They don't want to be a great business person and be unhappy. They want to actually feel involved in their job so they are not just sitting in an office typing words when they want to be doing a career that is competely different.

I am now less shy and now talk to people I want to rather than hiding in the shadows and waiting for them to speak. I now have a lot more friends, at school I only had three and two of them bullied me.

Schools can be mentally abusive and after two years of home education I still haven't got over the fact that school treated me as dumb because I couldn't write or read or do maths properly even though they knew it was because of my learning differences. They couldn't understand me so I had to be dumb. This is because they are not trained properly to understand people who are just slightly different from them.

Home education has freed me, I am now able to learn instead of sit somewhere where I don't learn anything and then get told off for forgetting that I have been told. At school they bully you into learning stuff and tell you off if you don't manage to do it.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are not still in school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Minx says:
    tried to comment on blog but it's not letting me in! Fabulous post on HE though- well done Beth! we're fighting with you xx

    ReplyDelete